Springville Heritage Festival ~ June 18 & 19
Springville’s First Annual Flaming Hot Cook-Off In The Park
This cook-off will be a fundraiser for the Perry Township Volunteer Fire Dept. We encourage all surrounding fire departments and citizens to join in this challenge to be “Springville’s Flaming Hot Chef!”
Contact Event Person:
$50.00 per team
Printable 2010 Cook-Off Entry Form
First Place: $400.00 cash
Second Place: $100.00
Third Place: Plaque
People’s Choice Award: Plaque
Grilling In the Park Cook-Off Meat Selections:
*One meat entry from each selection per team
*Wood, Gas or Charcoal fuel grills are allowed
*All meat entries should be in their original package and will be inspected in an Inspection Meeting at your Grilling Area after the Chef’s Meeting. All entries must be cooked on the festival park grounds completely. Any partially cooked items prepared off the premises will be disqualified.
*Premier Remodeling will choose 3-5 impartial judges. Judges will be selected and will judge on the following criteria; taste, appearance and presentation. The Chefs will be told the # of judges at the Chefs Meeting, they will be expected to prepare small individual portions for each judge. This will be a point system which will be explained in the Chef’s meeting.
*All entries will need to be delivered to Cook-off Information Tent at 12:00 PM sharp. No late entries will be accepted. All entries will be officially gathered, secured and transported to the judging area by cook-off sponsors.
*As to not allow any type of distractions or unfair biases, the judging itself will take place in a secure location
*Minimum of six teams for the fundraiser to take place. If we do not get six participating teams all entry fees will be refunded in the event of cancellation by the sponsors
*A People’s Choice Award will be given to the Top Grilling Chef whom the public chooses. This will be a fundraiser where Cups and Spoons will be sold and each set and will be sold to the public. The public will taste Chef’s Grilled Samples at their individual Grilling Areas. Afterwards, the public will turn in ballots for the team in which they deserve the PCA. The Chef and Team with the most ballots will win the PCA plaque
*The will be some electricity available. Water is available if needed. All teams need to bring their own extension cords and buckets
*We encourage chefs and crews to bring your RV or tents and spend the night in the park. Security will be available
*All entry forms due by June 11, 2010
Schedule for Flaming Hot Cook-Off in the Park:
4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Check-in at Sponsors Tent for Grilling Area Arrangement Chart & Set-Up for your Area
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. Crowd Awareness Fun Time
7:30 p.m. Chef’s Meeting at Sponsor’s Tent
8:00 p.m. Meat Inspection at each Chef’s Grilling Area
8:30 p.m. Cooking May Begin
10:00 a.m. Chef’s Meeting at Sponsors Tent
12:00 p.m. All Entries are due at Sponsor’s Tent
1:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony on Grand Stage at the Park
2:00 p.m. Parade Starts
**All Chef and Team Members are encouraged to decorate an Entry for the parade and participate in the parade. **
Ken & Gayla Phillips
Kelly & Tammy Holland
Phillips Well Drilling & Pump Service
Flaming Hot Cook-Off Rules
1. The purpose of this cook-off is a fund-raising event for the Perry Township Volunteer Fire Dept and Park Board. Any profits will be donated as such.
2. All chefs must sign a release on the entry form provided by the PTVFD for the purpose of operating under their volunteer umbrella in order to comply with the Health Dept. regulations.
3. Each chef may have up to an additional 2 team members. The Chef will be the contact person for all meetings, discussions and public awareness.
4. Each Chef and team will be assigned their own “Grilling Area.” This space is your area and all your grilling items, tents, tables and chairs must be kept in your area. You are responsible for the cleanliness and trash removal of your assigned area at all times. Grilling Areas will be monitored during this event. Failure to comply can result in disqualification. This rule is for health and safety assurance of our contestants and the general public.
5. Please be careful not to allow the public or children around your Grilling and Cooking apparatus.
6. Each team is responsible for their grills, fuel, utensils, spices and any other requirements needed to complete an entries preparation.
7. We want to encourage amateur contestants to become involved with the crowd. We would like to see funny costumes or just things that might make your group standout. This could also be helpful to you as a team when it comes to the “People’s Choice Award.”
8. The “PCA” is an award that will be designed to be given to the team whom the general public choose as the most outstanding.
9. Specific cook-off rules as to the judging and preparation are published separately.
10. This is a family friendly event. All Chefs and team members will be expected to keep this event as such.